Terms & Conditions (Rules & Regulations)
By reading this and checking the box on the Application and submitting your Application, you agree to all terms and conditions and rules and regulations to the Vanderbilt Farmers Market
TERMS & CONDITIONS (Rules & Regulations)
(Print for your records)
** Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit**
Shopping Center Management, Leasing or Marketing offices are NOT the primary contact for ANY Farmers Market related issues. All inquiries should be made to Janet Blanchard or Jenny Breton at Neighborhood Organics Market & Café, the Market Managers, via phone 239-293-0666 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergencies shall be reported promptly to 911 and then the incident is to be reported thereafter to the Market Manager via text message or voice call to 239-293-0666.
Inquiries and incidents will be handled accordingly by Market Manager.
Space for the 2021-2022 outdoor market will open for vendor set up 2.5 hours before start time. Set up schedule may be implemented if the need shall arise. Vendors should unload vehicles quickly and remove vehicles to designated parking areas PRIOR to setting up. No vendor parking is allowed in the customer or storefront parking areas. NO vendor parking is permitted behind tents during the outdoor market. The only exceptions, with pre-approval by Market Manager, are food vendors working from their vehicles or the disabled.
All vehicles must be moved to the designated parking area no later than 7:45am.
Vendors should be ready to operate at designated open time (8am) until close time (1pm). NO EXCEPTIONS! This will be strictly enforced and late arrivals are subject to a turn away or moved to another location as available. Leaving early is to be arranged prior to market day by contacting the Market Manager.
**If you are a Shoppes At Vanderbilt / Dockside Tenant participating in the Market you will need to be here ready and set up like the rest of the Vendors and follow the Markets rules and regulations. Market Managers put in a lot of time to accommodate Shoppes Tenants for spaces, when you don't show it leaves holes in the market footprint and takes away a space from another vendor who would be able to fill that space. **
Cleanup of areas is required. Your area should be left in broom clean condition. All vendors are responsible for removing their own trash and providing their own trash containers as appropriate. No trash whatsoever shall be placed in any Shoppes at Vanderbilt trash containers. Vendors are not permitted to use the trash dumpsters. A $50.00 fine may be imposed to vendor if found violating this rule.
If you do not accept returns or credit, it must be posted in plain sight for customers to see. Otherwise sales should be made at your own risk and returns or credits may be expected.
Personal items and boxes shall be stored away and out of sight at all times. Table covering should extend to the ground, plastic covering is not permitted.
Vendors are required to supply their own tent and tables. All vendors are required to secure their tents with adequate weights. Weights should be at least 15 lbs. on every corner of your tent. If you do not have proper weights, you will not be able to set up. Tent sizes are 10X10 and need to fit within your space and line up with those next to you.
A Port-A-John is provided for vendor use only. (located behind Naples Family Fitness next to the dumpster enclosure area). Vendors are not permitted to use storefront restroom facilities. If the Port-a-John is in need of servicing, please report it immediately to the Market Manager.
Payment is due according to the payment schedule commitment on your application. Payments are made a month in advance for the following month. Failure to pay prior to the current month will result in you not being able to set up.
Authorized affiliates and shopping center owners, partners, etc., and its authorized affiliates have the authority to terminate a vendor at any time.
All participants of the Farmers Market agree that they are expected to promote the activity of the shopping facility in a positive and professional manner at all times, on and off site. Negative behavior with other vendors, customers or storefront merchants may result in immediate termination. The Market Manger should be contacted immediately if conflict occurs.
There are no refunds for payments for any reason. If cancellation of the Farmers Market occurs, partial refunds may or may not be issued to vendors who paid in full only and is at the sole discretion of the authorized affiliates.
A copy of Personal and Product Liability Insurance, County Operating License, FL Dept. of Revenue and FL Dept. of Agriculture (if applicable) or DBPR licensing must be present and on person at all times during market operation or vendor may not be able to operate. Appropriate operating license shall be available on your person in the event of any state inspections. Cottage Law bakers must have appropriate labeling on all products. Sampling of product is at the sole discretion of the participant and should be done in accordance with all federal and state regulations and follow food safety measures.
Venue affiliate agents reserve the right to make changes to layout, terms and conditions, or any other part of the market at any time, with or without advance notice.
Advertisement and vendor participation will be at the sole discretion of authorized affiliates, shopping center owners, partners, etc., or its affiliate agents. There are no vendor exclusives. The Shoppes at Vanderbilt will promote and advertise the Farmers Market but vendors should also participate in promoting their own business at the market.
RULES & REGULATIONS NOVEMBER 2021- MAY 2022
- Primary contacts are Janet or Jenny via phone or text (239-293-0666) for late arrivals or no shows prior to the Saturday market. After 2 no shows, no calls, your space is no longer guaranteed.
- The Farmers Market Store (Neighborhood Organics) is located inside unit #131 next to Roosters.
- Market vendors should not contact the management office at the Shoppes at Vanderbilt for any reason.
- This market runs every Saturday (RAIN OR SHINE) 8:00 am – Noon for summer market and 8:00am to 1:00 pm for fall market. No early tear down unless pre-approved.
- Registration is due no later than September 30, 2021 for the fall market. Those who have not registered and had confirmed acceptance by then WILL NOT have a guaranteed space in the market.
- Please know your payment due dates. It is your responsibility to pay prior to the due date. Failure to do so may result in not being able to set up.
- Monthly online payments are the preferred method of payment and are due on the 25th of the prior month. If you are paying weekly, payment is required the day of the market. Failure to do so will result in you not being able to set up. Payments by cash or check must be paid in person at the Farmers Market Store (SUITE # 131) prior to the market. The Market Managers will not come to you for payment.
- Please notify Janet or Jenny via phone call or text prior to the market (by Noon on Friday) if you are unable to attend)
- There are no refunds or credit for bad weather or no shows.
- If you are registered, you are not automatically accepted until you hear specifically from the market manager.
- Vendor parking is in the large lot near the Synovus Bank Building or Starbucks. The FedEx Lot will be under construction by the Shoppes At Vanderbilt for a new retail building. No parking behind or near your tent unless you have been pre-approved. Vendors are NOT allowed to park in the shopping center parking areas or near storefronts.
- No gas or noise producing generators. Only Whisper generators or self-powered electric inverters are permitted.
- No vendor trash should be left behind after market. Vendors are not permitted to use the Shoppes Trash Dumpsters. A $50.00 fine may be imposed if a vendor is found violating this rule.
- Set up begins at 6:30am (earlier for produce vendors) and you should be in place ready to sell by 7:45am with vehicles moved to the designated parking area.
- Tear down begins at 1:00pm (no earlier unless pre-approved) Noon for summer market.
- There is no exclusivity to vendors. The Market Managers work hard to coordinate a favorable non-conflicting layout.
- No smoking is permitted within the market footprint (which includes behind your tent area). This will be strictly enforced!
- Food Vendors must display their Food License information where it is visible to everyone. If you are following The Cottage Food Law, you must make certain your labels are to their guidelines and your name and address is visible to everyone.
- Personal items & boxes shall be stowed away and out of sight. Table coverings are required and should extend to the ground. Plastic coverings are not allowed,
- A Port a John is provided for vendor use only (located behind Naples Family Fitness, next to the dumpster enclosure area) Vendors are not permitted to use storefront restroom facilities.
- Sandwich Boards or Signs are allowed however they must be placed at the corner of your space. Please do not place in the footprint of the market or they will be moved.
- No yelling out at customers – No harassing customers! No confrontations with customers, other vendors or shopping center tenants. If you are having a problem, please let Janet or Jenny know.
- Negativity or speaking with bad remarks about the market, other vendors or management will not be tolerated. If you have a question or concern, please contact Janet or Jenny to discuss and resolve.
- An email will be sent notifying approved vendors of first day check in and other first day details.
- Summer participants & early start vendors, your position may (and/or) will change on October 9th for the fall market.
- New this year – you will be invoiced by your selection of Monthly, Weekly, Full Season or ½ Season. You will be able to pay directly from your emailed invoice either by e-check or credit card.
- Please Read the Terms & Conditions on the application
- Please read the Hold Harmless on the application
***Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present;
we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit***